What’s HēLē Specials? A HēLē Specials are awesome deals provided by local businesses to YOU, their customers. It can be a sweetheart “Get $20 for just $10” (a half-off savings deal), or something similar like “$12 for $6” or “$40 for $20”… or it can be an item such as “Buy an entrée and get a free appetizer”, or something special for an event such as “Buy One $20 ticket, Get One Free”. These specials are, well… SPECIAL!
By the way, what is HēLē? HēLē (pronounced ‘healy’) is a Norwegian word that means “all-over” or “everywhere”. So a HēLē Special may be anywhere, or everywhere.
Small businesses love this concept. Several years ago, half-off deals were all the rage. But they didn’t end up working out well for most small businesses, as they received less than half what the customer paid for it. For example, if a $20 value was sold for $10, the restaurant received just under $5.00. So the restaurant provided $20 in value, and usually only received around $4.85. Doesn’t sound like a sweetheart deal, does it? There were also issues with length of time to honor the voucher, but that’s another story. With HēLē Specials, a small business can be as creative as desired and craft a dynamic offer that will drive customers to their location… while receiving the entire amount of the offer, not less than half. And customers get a great deal. It’s a true win-win.
So how’s it work? Just click on the link to a HēLē Special. The first time, you’ll be taken to a web page on your phone which asks you to enter your phone number. After that, it’ll take you to the digital coupon screen, which displays the voucher/offer. Near the bottom of the voucher, there’s a big green “Redeem” button. Don’t press it yet! This is how you actually REDEEM your offer. Clicking the REDEEM button MUST be done in the presence of the participating business. That way, they’ll know it’s valid and hasn’t been used. This is why a screenshot of the voucher can NOT be used to redeem an offer. If an attempt to redeem a screenshot of the offer is made, it won’t work. So don’t press the REDEEM button until you’re ready to actually redeem it.
You may have the opportunity to receive a HēLē Special voucher from more than one business at the same time… perhaps a “$20 value for $10” from one business and a “Buy One, Get One Free” from another business. When you “clip” (download) a voucher, it’s placed in your own virtual wallet with us in your phone. When you view a voucher in your browser, just click the “Menu” button in the upper right-hand corner and then click “Active Coupons” and you’ll be able to choose any of your downloaded vouchers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I use a voucher more than once? No, sorry. We want to be able to offer the best deals possible to as many customers as possible. Therefore, the vouchers may only be used ONCE.
- Can I get more than one of the same voucher for the same business? Only one voucher per person per day per participating business.
- Can I have more than one voucher from separate participating businesses at the same time in my phone? YES, you can! When you view a voucher in your browser, just click the “Menu” button in the upper right-hand corner and then click “Active Coupons” and you’ll be able to choose any of your downloaded vouchers. You might have vouchers from several different participating businesses at the same time.
- I accidentally clicked the REDEEM button on a voucher and now it’s gone ☹ Is there anything I can do to get it back? Yes, but not the same day that you accidently clicked on it. You’ll have to wait until at least the following day. Otherwise, someone could download a voucher over and over the same day and redeem it over and over that same day. We do this to provide some authentication and protection to our participating businesses, to prevent someone from taking advantage of voucher process. So don’t click the REDEEM button until you’re in front of the business and they see that the voucher is valid and being properly redeemed.
- Someone sent me a screenshot of a voucher. Can I use it at a participating business? No, sorry. This would defeat the purpose in our authentication process. In order to use the voucher, the REDEEM button must be clicked by the business’ staff or by the customer in front of the staff. Please do not ask a business to honor a voucher via a screenshot.
- If I dine with friends and we all have vouchers, can we use them during the same visit? One voucher per check/tab please.
- Does a HēLē Special voucher expire? Yes, this varies by the participating business. Please understand the ability to expire the voucher enables the business to create a truly high-end, limited-time deal, which increases the value of the voucher for you, the consumer. Without the ability to expire and have reasonable restrictions, businesses would be reluctant to offer such great deals.
- Can a voucher be used to purchase a gift certificate or gift card at a participating business? No, sorry. The vouchers may not be used to purchase gift certificates or gift cards.
- Can a voucher be used to purchase alcohol? Typically, yes. But this varies by the participating business. Participating businesses reserve the right to set their own restrictions, including a “no alcohol” restriction.
- What if I don’t use all the promotional value of a voucher? Try to use as much of the value as possible. However, if you only use $15 of a “$20 value for $10” voucher, you’ll still pay the same $10, but only receive $15 in value. That’s still a great deal, but not the maximum you would receive if you received $20 for the $10 spent. The vouchers are ONE-TIME USE coupons… so use as much of the promotional value as possible. Sorry, there is no cash or credit given back on any unused voucher amount.
- Can I use part of a voucher one day, and then use the rest of it a few days later? The vouchers are ONE-TIME USE coupons, so they cannot be used a second time. We encourage you to use as much of the promotional value as possible. Sorry, there is no cash or credit given back on any unused voucher amount.
- Can I use a voucher with another coupon or promotion? No, sorry. Our vouchers may not be used in conjunction with other offers, coupons, or promotions.
- Is a voucher valid for a gratuity? Have you lost your mind? Sorry, but no. Many staff members work for and rely upon tips. So PLEASE remember to provide an appropriate tip, and please do so on the entire value of your purchase… not just what you paid via the voucher. You got a great deal here, so please reflect that with a generous tip.
- I own or operate a business. How can I offer a HēLē Special at my business? We’re glad you asked! Just CLICK the button below to fill out a form and we’ll reach right back to you.
- What do I do if I have other questions about the program? Just drop us an email at Support@HeLeMarketing.com. We’ll respond as soon as we can during normal business hours.
I own or operate a business and am interested in HēLē Specials