WEEKLY PRIZES, END OF SEASON PRIZES
FUNDRAISER: Proceeds go to the Rankin County Animal Shelter
Brandon MS – Brandon042® is proud to announce our 1st Annual College Pickem Challenge! There will be a full schedule of games to pick each weekend of the upcoming college football season. We’ll have between 12 and 24 games each week, depending on scheduling. All SEC games will be in the mix, as well as other Top 25 games, and other games of note. Each weekly winner will receive gift cards to local businesses, between $25 and $50. The top 3 players at the end of the season will win BIG! $250 in gift cards to the overall winner, $125 in gift cards to 2nd place, and $75 in gift cards to 3rd place. NOTE: Anyone, including those outside our area, may join the league, but keep in mind, the prizes are gift cards to Rankin County area businesses.
The league entry fee is just $15.00 for the entire season. We’re happy to partner with the Rankin County Sheriff to make this a fundraiser. Proceeds from the entry fee will go directly to the Rankin County Animal Shelter (RCAS), in Brandon MS. The RCAS is one of the few animal shelters in the State of Mississippi that is operated and funded by a County Sheriff’s Office. The Rankin County Sheriff’s Office operates the shelter, under the guidance of Sheriff Bryan Bailey. This is a great fundraiser for our area and for the shelter.
Click on the link to enter the 1st Annual Brandon042® College Pickem, and join the fun while also supporting a great fundraiser right here in Brandon and Rankin County.
League Password – winner
2021 College Pickem League Rules
- Entry Fee – The Player entry fee for our League is $15.00. Player is subject to removal from League if amount is not paid.
- Fundraiser – Our League entry fee is a fundraiser for the Rankin County Animal Shelter (RCAS), in Brandon MS. The RCAS is one of the few animal shelters in the State of Mississippi that is operated and funded by the County Sheriff’s Office. The Rankin County Sheriff’s Office operates the shelter, under the guidance of Sheriff Bryan Bailey. Proceeds from our League will be provided to Rankin County, for support of the Rankin County Animal Shelter.
- Public – The League is public, thus anyone may join or see the results and standings of the League. While anyone may enter our League, keep in mind that prizes are gift cards redeemable at area businesses (Rankin/Hinds Counties). Standings/Results may also be published on the Brandon042® Facebook Page, website, and shared accordingly by others. See #13 for more info on prizes.
- Picks – Each player picks a manager-configured number of games for the week (see #5 for more info), AGAINST THE SPREAD. Points are awarded for each correct pick (each correct pick is worth 1 point). If the game ends in a tie, 1/2 the assigned point value is awarded. The player with the most points at the end of the season wins the pickem football pool. NOTE: The spread does not change, once it has been setup in the League. This is intended so that all Players are picking games against the SAME point spread.
- # of Games each Week – The number of games each week may vary, but will typically be between 12 to 24 games. Available games will typically be all SEC games, plus other Top 25 matchups, and other games of note. Point Spreads are usually set sometime Tuesday morning, for that week’s games. It is recommended that all Players set their picks on Tuesday or Wednesday, since there’s usually a game each Thursday evening.
- Key Games – The league is configured with 2 (two) “key games”, each Player places a checkmark by those games in which they have the most confidence, and for each key game picked correctly, the player gets 1 extra point toward his/her overall total.
- Tie-Breaker – Each week you select one tie-breaker game by guessing the total points scored in the game. This is used to break ties during the week for any weekly prizes. A running total is also kept of your tie- breakers.
- Pick Deadline – You must have your football game picks in by the deadline, which is 11am CT on each Saturday. After you submit your picks, you can edit them provided 1) the league’s configured deadline has not past (11am CT Saturday), and 2) a game has not started that you already picked. Keep in mind, there may be some games already played, before 11am CT on Saturday. While 11am CT Saturday is the deadline,
any games played before then (such as a Thursday night game) will be either missed or auto-picked, if there are any auto-picks still allowed at that point… more on this in #9 and #10, below).
- If you do not get your picks submitted before an early game (such as a Thursday game), you can still submit picks up until the 11am CT Saturday deadline (see #8 above for more details).
- AutoPick – Each Player is allowed up to 6 weeks of AutoPicks. An AutoPick takes place if you missed picking any game that has already played before the kickoff of such game and/or if you miss the League’s 11am CT Saturday deadline to get your picks in. When an AutoPick occurs, the system will automatically select the Home Team(s) as your selection(s).
Note that any auto pick made during the week, such as a missed pick for the Thursday night game, counts as a FULL WEEK used toward the 6 allowable weeks of AutoPick, even though only one game was Auto-picked. After a Player has exhausted all 6 weeks of Auto-Picks, any unpicked games will count as losses. The AutoPick points tie-breaker is 40.
- Bye Week – Good news, our League is also configured with one “bye” week. This means your worst week during the regular season will be subtracted from your total points. The Standings will indicate the bye week for each player. Consider the bye week as a mulligan, of sorts.
- Beginning and End of League Season – Our League begins with College Football’s Week 1, which is the weekend of Sept 4th 2021 (there are a few games earlier that “weekend”, as early as Sept 1st), and will run through Week 14 which is the weekend of Dec 4th 2021 (conference title games, and a few other games).
- Prizes – Players must provide League with their real names and contact information, and paid the League entry fee in order to be eligible for prizes.
Weekly: The weekly winner will receive a gift card to area businesses (Rankin and/or Hinds County area) of between $25 and $50.
End of Season: The top 3 Players at the end of the season will each receive a prize. The 1st Place Winner will receive $250 in gift cards to area businesses.
The 2nd Place Winner will receive $125 in gift cards to area businesses. The 3rd Place Winner will receive $75 in gift cards to area businesses.
- The league is configured AGAINST THE SPREAD:
If the game is ‘OFF’ (no spread indicated), a pick is not allowed for that game.
The line (or spread) is usually out by Tuesday AM.
The number of games each week may vary, but should be between 12 to 24 games.
Available games will typically be all SEC games, plus other Top 25 matchups, and other games of note.
- Best tie-breaker for the week (the player closest to guessing the total points scored in the tie-breaker game)
- Best strength of victory for the week
- Best season winning %
- Best total tie-breakers
Final Standings, Total Points
- Best season winning %
- Best overall strength of victory
- Best total tie-breakers